1. Commonly requested information provided by the SoftNoze tech support team.
2. How do I get a CDROM and or individual 2D & 3D CAD Files?
Yes, you may always E-mail for CAD models
for a rapid reply for individual files and CAD-related assistance.
Or please request SoftNoze Components on CAD CD.
3. Can I search the SoftNoze website?
Yes, visit the SoftNoze Search
4. Do you have a glossary of sensor and sensor integration terms?
Yes. If you need details on our product terminology, sensor types, sensing technology, etc. please consult our Glossary of Sensing & Sensor Installation
5. Can you tell me about NEMA and IP ratings?
Yes, we have some information, please see our NEMA & IP Ratings for Sensors & Switches
6. What are the upper operational temperature limits of commonly used materials?
- Delrin: 82℃ (180℉)
- Teflon: 235℃ (500℉)
- Glass-filled Nylon: 100℃ (212℉)
- UHMW-PE: 75.5℃ (160℉)
- Ceramic: 2,300℃ (4,172℉)
7. What are common thread sizes and types used to mount sensors and switches?
8. What are the steps to take when approaching an automation project with an outside vendor(s)?
While our Sensor Integration Components
are a small part of the overall plan, SoftNoze product engineers have some expertise here. Over the years we've made these guidelines Steps to Consider when buying an Automated Machine or System
9. What drills are needed to install components that are offered by SoftNoze?
10. How do I program the ProxConverter™ components?
A- Two methods depending on model number/type:
a) The Counter, Frequency, Inverter & Timer models are programmed using a teach or jumper wire, which calls for contact power to a ProxConverter’s “teach” pin (see the ProxConverter™ Datasheets
). SoftNoze also sells a Teach Cable Cordset, model number PC-TCC, that has a built-in pushbutton that automates the jumper wire method.
b) The Universal, or “all-in-one” model, is programmed via an infrared beam from a smart phone or PC, see question above.
11. What smart phones or PDA’s can be used to teach the "Universal" model ProxConverter™ components?
Any PC or laptop with an "infrared" port or beam; as well as Palm™ devices (OS 3.5.3 through 4.1.0), Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 & PEG-TJ35, Toshiba E350, Pocket PC (Win CE / Win 2003), HP iPaq Pocket PC H2210 and Asus A 620 Series devices.
12. Can you help with new part designs or produce existing parts that our company makes in-house?
We offer FREE technical assistance and engineering. Many times we can make slight design change to our current components, or produce new designs to fit your application. Send us a sketch, file and or make an online submission here, Custom Product Requests CPR
13. What materials are you capable of machining?
- Low/Medium Carbon: 1018, 1117, 11L17, 11L41, 1144, 12L14, 1215, Stressproof, Fatigueproof.
- Alloy Steel: 8620, 86L20, 4140, 41L40/42/47, 41L50.
- Stainless Steel: 203, 303, 304/L, 316/L, 416, 420, 174.
- Aluminum: 2011, 2017, 2024, 6061 and 6062.
- Brass: 360, 353, 464, 485.
- Copper: 145, 147.
- Plastic: Nylon, Delrin, Acetal, Teflon, Polyethylene, Polypropylene and PVC.
14. Can you help me understand a specific industry term?
15. Do you have a installation question about a SoftNoze product?
I'm a SoftNoze Product Engineer, and I'll gladly provide you with an answer I'll make it fast too!